Friday, January 29, 2016

Two Questions

            The two questions "Who is writing the script of my life?" and "Whose to say what's right?" are very easy to answer for me. I have grown up in church my whole life and I have not thought of anything different then that God is "writing the script of my life" and that the bible is what tells me "what's right. 
             "Who is writing the script of my life?" I have been taught my whole life that God plans everything that happens in life. I am not saying that God makes a man murder someone or makes them rob a bank, but God puts us in certain situations and we can either choose to do the right or wrong thing. At the same time I believe that we can choose our overall outcome. God already knows what we would do in the situation that you are put into and has a reason for whatever it is that you choose to do. This may not make a lot of since because it is kind of hard to explain and is even confusing in trying to explain it to myself but I think it is best summed up as God has a reason for everything that happens in life the good and even the bad.

            “Whose to say what’s right?” I believe that God chooses “what’s right”. Even though there are several different authors of the bible, there is also a verse that says in a way that the bible was written by God or guided by him. I cannot remember the exact verse, but remember going over the verse on day in one of my Sunday school classes.  Since God created the bible I believe that overall God says what is right, but I use the bible as a reference to see how I should live my life. Even though I believe that the bible is what “says what’s right” I do not follow both testaments completely. In my church we have always gone over the New testament in more detail and that is about all of the bible that I have a little bit of knowledge about and sadly even that knowledge is still very slim. In the Old Testament there are verses that say that you should not eat pork or cut your hair. I cut my hair and I love bacon. I don’t just follow the new testament because I like bacon, but that is all that I have ever known my whole life and I believe the New Testament is New for a reason and that is because there may have needed to be slight changes that people needed to go by that were not in the Old testament or that were maybe to over the top. My church has always followed the New Testament and there is nothing about cutting hair and pork in the New Testament so I do not think either of them is wrong. Overall I follow the bible to see what is right but to be more specific the New Testament.

No comments:

Post a Comment